Clear Coat is a specially formulated, water based clear finish that dries quickly and feels like the original surface. It’s used to change the sheen of our Color Flex which has a “satin” finish. You can also use Clear Coat as a protectant if you want added durability without adding more color to the surface. Available in Matte, Low Luster, Satin and High Gloss.
1 – Clear Coat – Bottle contains (5 oz /150 ml or 10 oz /300 ml)
1 – Foam sponge applicator
1 – Disposable paint tray
Methods of Application:
Clear Coat can be applied with a sponge, foam brush, ultra hi-density foam roller, air gun sprayer, air brush, Preval sprayer or it can wiped on. It is extremely durable and remains soft and flexible. Clear Coat is applied as a final or additional top coat over the last coat of Color Flex. Clear Coat is optional. Cleans up with soap and water.
1. Wet sponge with water first and wring out really well so that the sponge is damp, not wet
2. Pour Clear Coat into the plastic tray
3. Dip the sponge into the Clear Coat making sure that the sponge is wet, not dripping, but wet. Dab it on a paper towel or a piece of paper a couple of times so that the first application is not too wet. (Watch our repair video at mark 3:04 to see how the tech does this with the Color Flex)
4. Apply by wiping the Clear Coat using a “brush” stroke as if you were using a paint brush. Dry with a blow dryer or let air dry.
Always make sure that each coat is completely dry before applying another one.
5. Apply next coat by dabbing the Clear Coat in a random pattern. This will hide any brush strokes left by the first application. You can repeat this steps as many as 5 times but we don’t recommend any more applications than that.
Spray on Method using a Preval Sprayer
If you choose the spray on method, the Preval Aerosol Sprayer unit will screw right on to the Clear Coat bottle. Sorry we don’t sell Preval Sprayers because they can’t be shipped by air. You can find them at most hardware stores or on