This one kit does it all…
- Repair & Recolor everything you’ll need. All you need to do is choose your color.
- No color mixing: Our colors are ready-mixed for you, no messy mixing. Every color is custom mixed as your order is processed.
- Works on: Coated or Protected Leather, Coated Aniline Leather, Bi-Cast Leather, Bonded Leather and Vinyl.
Please read our “About Bonded Leather” page)
- Dries into a flexible Satin finish. See our Clear Coat page for other available top coat finishes.
- Features: Water-based – Outstanding durability – Superior flexibility – Natural look and feel – Exceptional adhesion
- Ease: Cleans up with water – Easy to use – No chemical smell
- Repair: Pet damage – Wear – Fading – Cracking – Cuts – Tears – Cigarette burns and more!
- Recolor: Stains, scuffs, faded and worn areas..even change colors.
- Suitable for Use On: Furniture, auto interiors, shoes, purses, briefcases, equestrian leather and much more!
- Safe for Use On: Vinyl and all leather except for suede or Nubuck.
1 – Color Flex in our Satin Finish – Bottle contains (5.1 oz /150 ml)
1 – Repair compound – Jar contains (1.5 oz /44.3 ml)
4 – 5″ x 7″ Alcohol Towels
1 – Foam sponge applicator
1 – Disposable paint tray
1 – Application tool (palette knife)
2 – Sub-patch (2-3/4″ x 4-1/2″)
2 – Sandpaper (2-3/4″ x 4-1/2″)
If your prefer to spray on our Color Flex, you can use a Preval Sprayer. It’s a portable aerosol unit that attaches right to our 5 oz bottle. Sorry but we don’t sell these because they cannot be shipped by air and we only ship Priority Mail. They can be purchased at most hardware stores.
If you already own an air brush, you can use it instead of the sponge if you prefer spraying on the Color Flex.
Estimating coverage can be tricky. Much depends on the condition of the surface the Color Flex is being applied to and the color itself. For most small projects our 5.1 bottle is more than sufficient. A good comparison that most people would be familiar with: A typical 12 oz aerosol can holds approximately 3.4 oz of color, the rest is solvent and propellant.
Lighter colors (colors that contain white) will cover better than colors that contain more transparent tints like red. Shades of red typically require more applications. We double the tint base to combat that but please be aware that shades of red may not cover as well as the stated areas below.
One 5.1 oz bottle of Color Flex
Same color or similar – 1 coat covers approximately 14 sq ft – or two front seats of a car or one large arm chair
Change color – 2 coats covers approximately 7 sq ft
Store in a cool, dark place with the lids tightly fastened. Make sure that the edges of the containers are clean and free of any debris. Stored properly, products should last for several years without degrading. If the Color Flex thickens, you can add some Clear Coat to it to bring it back to its normal consistency. If air gets to the repair compound, it will cure making it unuseable so keep it tightly closed.